Risk Management Director - Property & Casualty
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Purpose of JobAccountable for the development and mentoring of a
high performing team in support of the enhancement and growth of
the USAA risk management program. Influences processes at both the
business unit and enterprise level and leads and sets the agenda
for risk management deliverables. Responsible for partnering with
the enterprise and business units to assess, quantify, aggregate,
and mitigate exposures through the identification of key and
emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and
appetite. Accountable for monitoring the risk and control
environment and consults on risk mitigation plans to ensure that
exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Leads cross-functional
teams to achieve objectives across multiple business units or
Centers of Excellence. Participates in and supports internal and
external audits, regulatory reviews, and rating agency requests.Job
RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For?, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly? Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses?to
apply.ABOUT USAA RISK ManagementUSAA is a growing financial
services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an
important part of this growth.? It is an exciting time at USAA and
in our Risk Management organization.? We are a diversified team of
Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across
USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the
incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management
affords you the ability to be a part of USAA?s noble mission on a
daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us
every day.See what it's like to work for a company where your
passion meets our purpose:USAA Careers
- Directs staff and initiatives that support risk management
programs, to include governance support, risk oversight, risk
infrastructure development, identification, quantification, and
aggregation of key and emerging risks and/or operational risks and
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of risk professionals
through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and
related managerial activities.
- Manages consulting relationships with internal and external
clients with regards to budget and implementation deliverables and
risk mitigation plans as appropriate
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business and oversees the
identification, assessment and documentation of risks and controls,
including risks associated with new or modified products, services,
distribution channels, regulations and/or third party
- Directs the formulation of stress test plans for a line of
business or the enterprise, evaluates results, and frames
contingency plans in partnership with key business
- Directs the oversight of model risk through model documentation
review, assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and
- Works with senior leadership to refine risk profiles, risk
appetite, and key risk metrics.
- Directs teams in the development of risk dashboards and
reporting formats in alignment with risk appetite/profile and leads
teams in the identification, quantification and aggregation of
risks using analytical methodologies.
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of risk
policies and procedures in partnership with senior leaders to
ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices
and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's risk profile.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and oversight
of risk management frameworks.
- Formulates risk management policies, procedures and standards
in conjunction with senior management and risk management
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may
work with other risk functions in the development and
implementation of risk controls.
- Manages processes for collecting accurate and complete internal
loss data from business areas.
- May direct analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and manage emerging risk exposures.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by
establishing and monitoring key performance and risk
- Oversees the preparation of key reports and communications and
may present to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory
bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.
- Performs all other tasks as needed.Minimum Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years risk management experience or 8 years
operations experience in a relevant functional area to include
banking, insurance, financial services, audit, public accounting or
related area or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative
discipline relevant to risk management and 6 or more years relevant
risk management work experience or PhD in a quantitative discipline
and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience.
- 3 or more years direct team lead or management
- Experience/background in Property and Casualty insurance
operations (Claims, Underwriting, Pricing, Distribution/Sales, Auto
Insurance, Property Insurance, etc.)
- Experience/background with Risk Management
- Professional designation(s) in Risk Management, Insurance, or
other related disciplines (Risk, Actuarial Science, CPCU,
Compliance, Information Security, Privacy, Audit, etc.)
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies (State
Insurance Departments, Federal Reserve, Office of Comptroller of
the Currency, etc.)??????????
- Experience with a Big Bank, Banking Regulatory Agency, or Big
Insurance background. The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs.? Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.PandoLogic. Keywords: Risk Management Director, Location:
Lewisville, TX - 75057
Keywords: USAA, Lewisville , Risk Management Director - Property & Casualty, Accounting, Auditing , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!